The Hell of the North, a Sunday in hell
The Queen of the Classics. The Easter Race. The Hell of the North. The latter nickname reveals the true story of the legendary cobbled classic held in the northern region of France, Paris-Roubaix. It has become famous for its rough terrain of dust, mud and brutal pavé, and for one of the most iconic finish lines in the world of cycling, the Roubaix Velodrome.
Created in 1896, Paris-Roubaix isn’t the longest or the oldest event in the calendar, but it’s held in high esteem by many riders and fans alike, who wait for that special Sunday in April, when the 200 riders lining out for this extraordinary challenge descend into hell for six grueling hours at the end of which only one of them takes the glory and the famous cobblestone-shaped trophy, which many pundits have claimed it’s enough to define one’s career.
No less than four times (2005, 2008, 2009, 2012) has “Monsieur Paris-Roubaix” Tom Boonen, under the banner of Quick-Step Floors, roared victorious over the finish in Roubaix’s legendary André-Pétrieux velodrome, just like Niki Terpstra took an epic win for our team at the 2014 edition of the cobbled Monument.
Our riders have tamed the famous pavé, be it the Troisvilles, Arenberg Forest, Mons-en-Pévèle or Carrefour de l’Arbre sector, and from next year you too can feel what it’s like to ride over roads that have remained unchanged since pre-WW1 days. With us, you’re just a few clicks away from one of the best days of your life!
Pierangelo - Italy
It was an incredible weekend. We were in very close contact with the team and we enjoyed fantastic access. Now I understand why these guys win so many races. They are real, authentic! I never thought I’d be able to dine with them or to be able to get ready in the Motorhome or understand. how operations work within a team…and it really happened! It’s an experience I will definitely try again. Cycling is my passion. The chance to get an inside glimpse of the team that is considered unbeatable on cobblestones was priceless. These guys are incredible professionals but they are also very amiable. I ate with them, trained with them and experienced a few hours following them closely in such a significant race. In the end, I felt like I was a part of something important and I felt especially welcome in #TheWolfpack family!
Your QST Bike Experience Includes
- 4 nights stay in a 4* hotel in Kortrijk
- Daily Breakfast
- 4 dinners
- 1 special lunch @Carrefour de l'Arbre
- Guided bike tour with high profile former rider
- Professional mechanic
- Bike set up
- Specialized bike available on demand
- Quick-Step Floors supporting vehicle during ride
- Official entry to Paris-Roubaix Challenge 2019
- Official Quick-Step race kit (jersey, shorts, socks)
- Energy bars and drinks
- Offical meeting with Quick-Step Floors Team
- Press conference with Quick-Step Floors Team prior to the race
- Meeting with the sport directors
- Dinner with Quick-Step Floors Team
- VIP Hospitality pass Velodrome Roubaix
- Visit to Quick-Step Floors Service Course
- All transfers between the destinations
- Basic medical insurance
Day 1 - Thursday - 11/04 - Arrival
- Arrival at airport, transfer to and check-in at hotel in Kortrijk
- Bikes set up by QST team mechanics
- Welcome goody bag before dinner
Day 2 - Friday - 12/04 - Training Ride
- Meet & greet with a special guest (former pro rider) – photos, autographs, etc.
- Guided bike tour with former pro rider from Kortrijk – Roubaix Velodrome
- Lunch break at Carrefour de l'Arbre
- Transfer back to hotel
- Quick-Step Floors Team official press conference and meet & greet with the team
- Dinner at team hotel
- Meeting with the Sports Directors Tom Steels and Wilfried Peeters
Day 3 - Saturday - 13/04 - Paris-Roubaix Challenge
- Transfer to Velodrome Roubaix
- Start of Paris-Roubaix Challenge 2018
- Dinner in Ghent
Day 4 - Sunday - 14/04 - Paris-Roubaix
- Breakfast and transfer to Compiègne for the start of the Paris-Roubaix pro race
Access to the pre-start area of Quick-Step Floors Cycling Team
- Transfer to Trouée d'Arenberg (Arenberg Forest)
- Shuttle to VIP Hospitality area at the Roubaix Velodrome (Finish Area)
- Transfer back to hotel
- Dinner in Kortrijk
Day 5 - Monday - 15/04 - Departure
- Check out, transfer by bus to airport and end of service
Paris-Roubaix Challenge - With QST Bike Experience
Saturday 13th April 2019 will be another great day for cycling! A day before the pros, you and thousands of other amateurs from around the world will have the opportunity to exchange pulls and test yourself against the iconic race "the Hell of the North" with its legendary cobbled roads of "Carrefour de l'Arbre" or "trouée d'Arenberg".
You can choose between three routes. The roads will be open to traffic but secured by numerous volunteers and motorcyclists. You will be transported in our van to the start in Mairie or Roubaix, depending on which distance you participate. Our driver will wait for your at the finish line at Roubaix Velodrome.
We make sure everything is planned so you can concentrate on the most important things; pedalling and enjoying a fantastic experience.
You can choose between below distances:
Contact us to get more information.
Please feel free to contact the team with any questions or inquiries you may have about the QST Bike Experience. We will strive to reply within 3 working days.
|DATES||11/04 to 15/04|
|ENTRY TO||Paris-Roubaix Challenge|
|SIGN UP||Before February 28|